Monday, May 23, 2016

I can do it!

I can do it!
This is what I tell myself the last month of school. It seems that there are more things to do and less time to do it. I am tired, my students are tired, and we all can't wait for summer!

I love my classes, but there is a change in the air, and it makes it difficult to concentrate! For example, today we were going over an assignment that students were going to complete. I was doing the first example with the class. I asked a question...silence! I waited and asked the question again...silence! Hello...anyone there? Hello? I waited. I wanted the students to know that I wasn't going to give them the answer. Finally, someone answered! Yay!

I think everyone is excited for summer! A break...well deserved by all. There are so many awards, activities at the end of the year, that it makes everyone very busy and tired.

Textbooks are being collected, but my time with my students is not over. I decided to move the activities that I normally would do at the beginning of the chapter and move them after I have collected the textbooks. It is working,

Can you tell...I am tired, but not defeated!
I can do this! Really...

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister! We are tired too. Hang in there. 8 more days then we can make some plans for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. End of the year is always hard. Can you use it to mix it up? Try something that you were thinking about for next year? Now is the time to take a risk :)!

    ReplyDelete